Thursday, November 3, 2011

the Heaven Ache

There are days when my spirit within my just yearns for Heaven. To hold King Jesus's hand as we walk along the streets of gold, beholding the place of perfection that will never pass away. Today is one of those days for me. Within each day holds a list of "to dos" and "want to dos" and in the midst of it all, I just want to throw off that which is hindering me and burst into song and dance with my Friend. Lots of days, I do just that. The days that I try to live up to my list, the heaven ache grows. As of this moment, my heart needs Him so much. He is my Best Friend, my King, my Lover and I need more of Him today. One of my all time favorite books is Brother Lawrence's, Practicing the Presence of God. In this book, letters were collected where Brother Lawrence wrote encouraging people to be with The Lord all day no matter what task they were in the middle of. Dishes, laundry, baking, reading to children, driving, etc... just all the time, being with Him, talking to Him. Some days, I talk to Him all day and He talks to me. Other days, like today, I was busy and didn't talk to my Best Friend all day. One prayer that I have been praying lately is " to have grace to do______": laundry, make lunches, clean dishes, teach my preschool class, stop "working" and play with my kids, grocery shop, take the trash out, etc. So today, my prayer goes to the Throne of The Ancient of Days and once again, He hears me ask for more grace, more help and for Him to fill me. And once again, His reply is one of great love and kindness as He dispatches all that I could ask or imagine because He is I AM that I AM. Praise You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment